The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2014 is IIT Kharagpur.
New in GATE 2014
- Examinations for all the 21 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- GATE 2014 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. Examinations for some of the papers in GATE 2014 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- Downloadable Admit Card: Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post. Admit cards can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites. The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. It may be noted that one of the following photo identifications is ONLY permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Employee identification card, or a notarized affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. The details of this ID proof have to be given while filling the online application.
- Changes in GATE 2013 that will continue to remain in force for GATE 2014
Eligibility :The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are
in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering /Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are
How to Apply: Application must be done ONLIN E. Further details and ONLINE application form can be obtained by accessing any of the websites
|IIS c Bangalore||www.gate.iisc.ernet.in|